At Midway Pharmacy, we are committed to providing you with medications that meet your unique health needs. Sometimes, patients require medications to be blended in a specific way. This process is referred to as compounding and it is necessary for a variety of reasons, including:
- To change the form of a medication from a pill to a liquid, or gel.
- To prevent an allergic reaction by removing a non-essential ingredient such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- To provide a specific dosage of a particular ingredient.
- To add flavor to a medication that is otherwise difficult for a patient to ingest.
Compounding is an amazing way to customize your medications to suit your preferences and ultimate well-being. It can help you make the most out of your prescriptions. Midway Pharmacy compounding services offer solutions to:
- Proper dosage and strength of medication for children and infants
- The right formula that’s more convenient for patients to take such as tablets, capsules, syrups/suspensions, creams, gels, ointments, or even suppositories
- Removing certain components from a drug that causes adverse reactions to a patient
- Providing alternatives to drug shortage
- Customizable hormone replacement therapy
Talk to our pharmacist today, they will help answer any questions you may have, and explain to you how compounding may be a beneficial option for you and your doctor.
To learn more about our ability to customize your medicines, contact us today at 941-979-9085.